Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Salary


I was reading Real Simple and saw this cute clip and had to share.

"$112,962.  The yearly salary a 2012 stay-at-home mom would earn (that is, if she were paid), as determined by the career-advice website Salary.com.  The income was calculated by combining the average wages, plus overtime, for the jobs a mom typically performs, including laundress, janitor, driver, cook, facilities manager, psychologist, and CEO (of the household).  The results also showed that the average stay-at-home mom works a grueling 94.7-hour week and would make an average of $22.94 an hour."

Interesting, except my pay would be a little less since I make my kids do the laundry around here...



Now before you get the wrong idea, know that I love my job exactly the way it is.  

Overtime and all :)

Just think of the working mommies out there.  They should be millionaires!



1 comment:

  1. I liked your appreciation for the working moms! I always think those numbers are a little silly. If I wasn't a SAHM I would be teaching music at a Christian school and paying for day care and DEFINITELY not pulling in that much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your comments :) Have a great day!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs